The EBBA (Energy Balance and Breast cancer Aspects)-II study is a randomized clinical 12 month physical activity intervention trial, including female breast cancer patients diagnosed with histologically verified invasive cancer stage I-II or with ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) grade 3. NBCG14, PI: Inger Thune.
- Age 18-75 years
- Newly diagnosed DCIS grade 3 or invasive breast cancer stage I, II, histologically verified.
- All ethnic groups, but participants have to speak and write the Norwegian language.
- Ability to join and maintain an intervention for 12 months
- Verified heart disease
- Dysregulated diabetes mellitus or thyroid disorders
- Muscular and skeletal or other disorders excluding regular physical activity performance
- Body Mass Index >40 kg/m2
- Previous surgical treatment for obesity
- Travel distance >1.5 hour from home to study site
Contact information: Inger Thune, inger.thune(a)uit.no